Disappointment for Kenyan fans as Wanyama opts to stay at Celtic

Jan 31, 2013

Local football fans were disappointed to learn of the aborted move by Kenyan international Victor Wanyama from Celtic FC to Manchester United.

With Thursday January transfer deadline set to expire at midnight, Wanyama will continue to demonstrate his midfield prowess at the Glasgow giants until the end of the season. Wanyama had been linked with a move to the English Premier League in the January transfer window.

"I can confirm to you that I will be at Celtic. We are playing well and our Champions league dream are on and right now I am looking forward to the big game against Juventus. A lot has been said and written about my intended move but I have not given it much thought and even my manager feels I should play until the end of the season for Celtic then from that point the doors can be open for a move," Wanyama was quoted by Supersport.com.

Wanyama, the younger brother of Macdonald Mariga who just confirmed his move to Parma, was being scouted by several clubs, including Manchester United and Arsenal, which was eagerly awaited by Kenyan football fans who religiously follow the English Premier League.

Jack Wangila says: “I am really disappointed to learn of that news from you. Who advised him to remain at Celtic, Man U should have presented good opportunities for him.”

“The move is aborted? Obviously as a Man U fan am disappointed,” said Geroge Kwach. Stephen Wambugu however had some advice to Wanyama.

“There is no problem if the deal didn’t go through because he will still play in the Championship league with Celtic but I think he should move out next season,” said Wambungu.

“Hes done a good thing to remain at Celtic where he get a lot of play time, I don’t think he would get such at Man U,” reckoned Edith Waroco.

 

 Elvince Joshua

© All rights reserved